Pages

February 14, 2014

Jumping In With Both Feet

I recently heard someone say that the easiest way to begin something was to jump in with both feet. To just do it. Without contemplation. Or examination. Or finding cause to make it better or perfect before beginning.

And so here I am. Back at this blog thing. Which I’ve genuinely, truthfully, truly missed in the time that I’ve been away.

So why the absence?...

Primarily life got busy… as life is prone to doing, I suppose:

We had a baby…and she instantly took my breath away… and I became obsessed, engrossed in the daily happenings of this new little person in my life… each day better than the next one.

We bought a new-old house… all rickety and out of shape and needing constant attention… and so much time, that in addition to said baby, any free time I had was sucked back into housework.

But really…honestly… I just stopped feeling inspired for a while.

I was feeling rudderless and confused, unsure of where to take this teensy-tiny little online space I’d carved for myself. Afraid of criticism and critique. Scared of failure. Not really sure my life was worthy of interest (and maybe it wont be for everyone, but I’m hoping it might interest one or two of you!).

And so I stopped writing.

But I couldn’t stop thinking about it. Missing it.

And so despite all of these excuses and reasons and fears, here I am.

Jumping in with both feet.

Resolute. Inspired

Maybe you’ll join me?

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment